Monday, March 3, 2014

Brother Quilts

I decided back in September that I would make a modern quilt for my brother and brother-in-law for Christmas. And true to how I usually work, I waited until a week before Christmas to get started. (Not exactly true, I purchased fabrics back in September). I worked around the clock for 2 days on each quilt. And because I waited so late to start, I was in a bit of a rush and didn't take as many photos as I'd have liked.
Quilt #1 for my Brother-in-law.


Quilt #2 for my Brother. This picture is just of the top, it has not been quilted and finished. 


When I look at these photos it's pretty obvious that precision is not one of my strengths. Regardless, I love the way the HST piecing turned out. I got some pretty nice feedback from the brothers, which makes me super happy. I am currently in the process of making a much larger one for our bed at home.

What kind of handmade gifts have you been working on lately? 




No comments:

Post a Comment