Thursday, January 13, 2011

He's a big boy now.

I got the itch to put Topper in a toddler bed.  He wasn't climbing, but I convinced myself he wanted covers and a pillow like his big sister.  I searched craigslist without success, and then just put it out there on facebook.  One of my friends responded saying she had one we could use, for free!  Can I just say...friends are AWESOME!

I got to work making some bedding.  I made a sheet set to fit the crib size mattress with plans to make at least one more set.  I found an old cotton waffle weave blanket that had shrunk too small to fit our big beds, cut it in half and hemmed the raw edges to make two blankets.  And finally made a little comforter/quilt.  It was all done very quickly, so it's not perfect, but it works.



We had the big reveal two days ago.


I think he likes it.

*Stay tuned to see the fun I have with the old crib.  It's a drop side, so it can't be passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment